Friday, November 8, 2013

RAW Chocolate Brownies with Creamy Chocolate Frosting




OMG!

When I first heard about RAW Chocolate Brownies with the BEST FROSTING I could not wait to try them. When they arrived at my local health food store I immediately had them hold one for me and sent my hubby to pick up this delicacy! It didn’t matter what it cost – just buy it already!

O!M!G!

This was the best and tastiest thing I have eaten since being vegan! 



It was Chocolate Nirvana! 

I just had to make this ‘died and gone to heaven’ dessert! Chocolate (and Raspberries) keeps me going, be it bittersweet, semi-sweet chips (Enjoy Life), Dark Chocolate Chili (Montezuma’s), you name it! 

The label clearly listed everything that was in these raw brownies - SEW - hard could it be? As it turned out, this is one of the easiest and best things I have ever made.

Really!

SEW I waited till hubby wasn’t around – he hates trying anything that I say is good. However if I make a dish or dessert for a special occasion and he sees that everyone is eating and raving about it – then he will try it. But DON”T tell anyone there is avocado in the frosting! They won’t believe it!

Are you ready?

Don’t say I didn’t warn you – it is SEW hard NOT to taste it or lick the spoon or eat the whole thing BEFORE it goes into the pan!

Can you tell I miss good chocolate brownies with creamy frosting?

SEW here you are – consider yourself warned!




RAW Chocolate Brownies with Creamy Avocado Frosting V/GF

1 cup walnuts, these really add that buttery taste
1/2 cup dates, pitted (or use 1 cup dates and no prunes)
1/2 cup prunes, pitted
1/3 cup dark chocolate powder

Line a small pan with wax paper.
Process nuts, dates/prunes & chocolate in food processor until it looks like potting soil and just comes together.
Pat into pan.
Taste.

Frosting – Creamy Chocolate Frosting
1 avocado
¼ - 1/3 cup agave nectar or rice syrup or liquid sweetener of choice
¼ cup dark chocolate powder or chocolate of choice
Dash cinnamon
Dash salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp Chocolate Liqueur optional
Dash cayenne pepper/red pepper* optional

Process in food processor until smooth (no need to clean after making brownies) and taste adding more sweetener if desired. Taste again. Go ahead, there’s plenty of frosting – more than you need!

Spread the frosting (if there is any left!) over those bad boys (brownie base) and place in the freezer for about an hour – if you can wait that long. Note – these brownies do not get rock hard.

I have no idea how many servings this makes, only you can decide – one, two, eight or eat ‘em all yourself!

Go ahead – have one! If you can limit yourself . . . 

*You know meIt wouldn't be chocolate without the cayenne pepper!

Enjoy. Now go ahead and make another batch seeing as there are none left! And when you do  – send me one!

EnjoyRosebud 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment