Tuesday, May 21, 2013

RAW Lentil Burgers



Lately I have been wanting to do more RAW foods and have been experimenting with a dehydrator. I have a very low end dehydrator but this borrowed one, an Excalibur 4 Tray Dehydrator, is much better and is now on my WANT list! Until then I have been trying different ways to prepare RAW.
 
Having done vegan pepperoni in the past, I tried it again and was amazed how fast they dried in this Excalibur Dehydrator! And the pepperoni is SEW good!

Next I tried lentil burgers/patties. Wow! I was SEW surprised that they tasted SEW good!
 


The following is my own recipe.

RAW Lentil Burgers/Patties

1/4 cup lentil sprouts
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
1/4 cup chipotle, chopped
1/4 teaspoon dried onions
1/4 cup cashews, soaked & drained
1 carrot, shredded
dash Liquid Aminos
dash Miso




Soak cashews at least 4-8 hours, drain and refrigerate or freeze for later use. 
HINT - I soak at least one cup over night, drain & rinse, and after towel drying, I toss the cashews in a ziploc and freeze for later use. 

In the food processor, pulse everything until mixed. Scoop out a large spoonful and shape into patties. Depending on size, makes 2-3 patties. 

These can be grilled, pan fried or dried in the dehydrator. If you have a control setting on the dehydrator, set at 110° - 115° and 'cook' approximately 3-8 hrs. 

Above, This was my first attempt.

And these were the second batch made with 
Lentil sprouts and Mung Bean sprouts. Still good!


From Rbudladi
 

No comments:

Post a Comment