Recently I learned that my sister and her daughter enjoy Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks as a special treat now and then. SEW I couldn't help but post this. As for me, this will probably be added to desserts!
Adapted from Bakergirl
1/3 cup pumpkin puree (fresh or canned)
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups water
1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally to keep syrup from burning.
2. Let mixture cook together until it becomes syrupy and begins to coat the spoon (for about 10-15 minutes), then remove from heat. Strain into a heat-proof container.
3. Refrigerate. The syrup will thicken a bit in the refrigerator (read: gloopy), but will become syrupy again when heated.
To assemble a delicious homemade latte :
1. For a sweeter latte, heat a ratio of ~2: or 3:1 milk (I use organic 1%) to syrup in a saucepan until warm.
If you’d like it less sweet, somewhere closer 4:1 milk to syrup. To be honest, I usually just eyeball it.
2. Transfer the mixture to a blender and blend for 20 seconds.
3. Pour yourself a cup of steaming hot coffee (leaving more room than you might normally) and top with the frothy milk.