Friday, November 30, 2012

Fudge

Oh yes I did!  




Besides, it's time for gift giving!

 Veganized my famous fudge recipe by using my own recipe for condensed milk, along with using carob chips and cayenne pepper (I just can't resist the spice in chocolate)!

I still need to refine the recipe a little bit more, but will post what I did.
I found this version still on the sweet side even tho I used unsweetened carob chips!

Enjoy!

Condensed Milk

1-1/4 cups Silken Nori Tofu
1/2 cup rice syrup
Combine in a food processor and process until mixed.

Makes 14 oz. = to one can sweetened condensed milk

Fudge

14 oz sweetened condensed milk
2 cups unsweetened carob chips
1/2 cup semi sweet vegan chocolate chips
1/2 cup natural peanut or almond butter, with or without nuts
1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract

In a saucepan over med heat, heat ingredients stirring constantly until smooth. Lower heat if necessary to prevent burning.

Pour into waxed paper lined 9"x9" pan. Refrigerate until set.
Remove from pan and cut into squares.
    
  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment